My name is Gemma, the founder and owner of Love, Gemma & Co (previously GLB Graphics). I am the brains behind the whole operation here. I design, make, pack and send every single order and I am so proud of everything I do.
So you probably want to know a little bit about me:
I have been creative for as long as I can remember. My family were a huge influence in persuading me to follow my dreams and passions (I owe them a lot!!), however running a business was not something I had planned. If you asked me where I would be now 10 years ago, I would have told you I was living in London, working as an Executive at an advertising agency wearing suits and high heels and living a life of luxury (I was always a dreamer!), but my reality is very far from that. I went to university to study Graphic Arts, and I also got a job as a Graphic Designer for another business. Neither of these lasted very long at all.
University wasn't for me, I found it boring and I found my tutors weren't easy to get on with. This is where selling my own cards came into the mix. I needed something to make me feel more creative. I loved my part time job but needed something to help me get through university, so I started selling my designs on cards and set up an Etsy shop. After a while this took off and I had to make the big decision to either drop out of uni, quit my job or stop selling my designs. To everyones surprise I quit university and it probably was the single best decision I have ever made.
From here I was able to work hard (and get money) on my business. I have changed quite a bit since my 'pretty cards on Etsy' days but I am so proud of everything I have achieved and I cannot wait to see where this adventure is going to take me in the future.
Anyway, boring introductions done, here are 10 facts about me that are so random but a little bit fun!
- I have lived in 13 different houses in my 25 years on this earth
- I LOVE collecting things. I have a collection of: stationery, shot glasses, paper bags, pin badges
- I recently found out I am a celiac which means I can no longer eat gluten
- Me & Oz have a dog called Royce, he is a Labrador, Retriever, Pointer cross and he is bloody perfect
- I am not a fan of baths
- I have a real love for gift giving, one of the core concepts behind my business
- I have been running GLBGraphics since June 2014!
- I can easily binge watch anything on Netflix, Oz always laughs at how obsessed I can get into any TV show or film, no matter how rubbish they are!
- I class myself as a dog AND cat person (controversial I know!)
- I am a self confessed choc-o-holic (I cannot get enough of the stuff)
Well that's enough rambling from me for now, have a nosey round the website and don't forget to get in touch with me if you have any questions or just want a chat!